Saturday, November 20, 2010

November update

I have run about five times since the marathon. Two weeks ago I ran the Hot Chocolate 15k after a series of nights out. I was supposed to meet my friend Caroline downstairs 60 min before the race but I overslept. After repeated phone calls, I woke up and make it to the start line about 15 minutes before the race. With minimal warm-up, and in 30 degree temperature, I managed to place 2nd (out of 15000) in 51:13. I ran 5:30's pretty much straight through from start to finish and felt pretty good, but couldn't lift with the winner over the last mile and change. I don't know how I did this, but I am quite amused by it.

The past couple weeks I have exercised by playing flag football and not much else. I am too busy with school and recruiting to run daily, and I'm OK with that for now. Hopefully, by mid February I will have an internship and have time to get back in decent shape, but for now, I'm enjoying my break and not stressing about it. First time in a long time I don't feel the urge to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment