Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Don't eat at Chaparosa Grill

I wanted to try something new for lunch instead of the usual walk over to Fashion Island. Ate lunch at Chaparosa Grill at the District in Tustin. Do not go there. I had a cup of New England clam chowder and a Reuben. The clam chowder was not very chowdery and I didn't see any clam in it. The Reuben--and it's hard to mess up a Reuben--was terrible. The corned beef was drowned out by grease and a sorry excuse for thousand island/Russian dressing. All in all, I give the restaurant a D+. The plus was for pleasant outdoor seating. I will never eat there again.

Why do I bring this up? If you eat crap food, you'll have a crap run. Clam chowder and a Reuben isn't necessarily great pre-run food even at its finest, but I've had much worse and been fine. I ran an easy 7 miles south on PCH down towards the Crystal Cove bike path averaging about 6:35-6:45. Had to make three bathroom stops on the run. Fortunately I felt it coming and Crystal Cove has public restrooms every 1/4 mile. Moral of the story, do not eat at Chaparosa Grill, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment