Friday, August 6, 2010

Welcome to Chicago

I slept on the floor last night because I forgot to put an air mattress in the U-Haul and my mattress isn't arriving until today. It wasn't so bad. I had a carpet floor, comforter, mattress pad, and neck pillow. Still, when I went for my run this morning I was more than relieved to only be slightly sore.

I headed south on Lakeshore drive for an easy 1 hour run. Didn't really care about the mileage today, just wanted to shake out. Still, ended up being roughly 9 miles out-and-back, with my pace quickening as my muscles loosened up. A couple highlights of the run:

1) Lakeshore drive is beautiful and I ran right by Grant Park as they were setting up for Lolla, and then Soldier Field.
2) My legs are feeling much better after a heavy start to the week. The rest/travel day did me some good.
3) I found three bathrooms along the route, approximately 2, 3, and 4 miles from my apt, which is great for future reference. I even "sampled" all three!

I may scrap the 10 mile tempo until next week and do my long run tomorrow depending on this weekend's festivities. I also should have a mattress to sleep on tonight so we'll see how that situation turns up.

No comments:

Post a Comment