Friday, June 25, 2010

The foam roller may be the greatest exercise invention ever. I'm definitely buying one when I move to Chicago. I have been sitting on that thing on and off for the last two days and my butt is definitely less sore than it was yesterday.

I woke up early again at 5:30 this morning and decided my body wasn't quite up to a track workout so I went long and easy down the Back Bay again. Sound redundant yet? I think I've seen at least five of the same people in the same workout clothes the past few days. I came up alongside Karen and Damien about four miles into my run and jogged a few miles with them. The timing couldn't have been better because I had been trotting along just above 7-minute mile pace, and just before I met them, I inadvertently dropped down to 6:30, which was quite unnecessary. So it was nice to have someone to run with and keep me under control. I added on a junk mile around Irvine Terrace park and settled for 9 miles (65 minutes) on the day.

Nice little Saturday planned. I'm either doing my long run or a track workout early tomorrow morning depening on how I feel. I haven't decided yet, just depends on how my body feels. Maybe I'll do both, I just don't know if I'll have enough time.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahah in re to the last paragraph! "Well, um, actually a pretty nice lil Saturday. We're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond... I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time!"

    ReplyDelete