Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Short Week

Just as I've gotten my energy back from a long weekend, I realized I'm taking a redeye to Hartford tomorrow night for my 5th years college reunion. 3-day work week! While there, I'll be happily missing the CdM Scenic 5k for the first time in a while where I have the course record, 15:01, set in 2005, 2 weeks after graduation.

I met Karen at her house this morning for a 70 minute easy run up the bike path and back on the trails along the Back Bay. Despite a healthy dinner consisting on salmon, corn, and green beans, and even bypassing fro-yo, my stomach was going crazy this morning, probably residual effects from last weekend. Anyways, that seems to have resolved itself and I'm feeling very cleansed now. We kept it really easy, jogging along at 7:45 pace for most of the run, good for 9 miles total. I was comfortable and smooth the entire run except for one downhill where I felt a small twitch in my knee. I made sure to foam roll it out and stretch and ice afterwards, and it seems to be fine now.

Lastly, I just bought the Garmin Forerunner 405cx, and am very excited to start using that when it arrives next week. Official review to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment