Monday, June 28, 2010

Nothing to complain about

For the first time since I can remember, I really don't have any nagging injuries or soreness to complain about. It's actually amazing considering that when browsing over this blog the last several months, I always seem to be writing about some body part bothering me. Well not today, you won't get a negative peep from me out of today's run.

But you will get something from my Saturday run! I went long an easy on Saturday morning. My glutes were still a little tight so I decided to forgo the speed work and get some mileage in. I had a very uneventful 11 mile run which took about 75 minutes. I spent most of the time cruising at around 6:45 miles and making sure nothing flared up. Dropped it down to 6:30 for the last couple miles, but overall it was a very mellow long run day. That run ended a stretch of five consecutive days of running and 45 miles for the week. I'm very happy with this total considering I took two days off.

After a Sunday off for some golf and pool time in Palm Desert, I logged another 9 miles this morning. The first five were between 6:45 - 7:00 pace, and on my way home I ran into Karen and slowed down to 7:30's the last several miles. Total time was 65 minutes of jogging. As I told Karen on the run, I had absolutely no body parts to complain about today. I'm excited to get back on the track tomorrow for the first of several speed workouts before the Allianz games.

No comments:

Post a Comment