Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pain-free running

Today I had my first pain-free run in over a month (well, 95% pain free). I woke up early this morning to try and get an easy run in before work. Normally I try and get out the door within 30 minutes of rolling out of bed, but I took an hour today (and will do going forward) to make sure I'm sufficiently loosened up. Once I got down to Back Bay Road I settled into 6:40's, which felt easy. Coming home I picked it up a bit to 6:30's, which caused some tightness, but I didn't aggravate anything. Total for the day was 40 minutes, 6 miles. The best part of the run was that I didn't favor either leg at all. I would guess I'm about 80-85% back to full strength.

Once I got home I spent about 30 minutes stretching down, using the foam roller and doing other various stretches before icing down. The extra time post-run definitely helped because I have not been remotely sore all day, except for some mild tightness in my left hamstring. I'm still on track to compete in the OC Duathlon this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment