Monday, July 12, 2010

The Danube is Beautiful but not Blue/Dudes in Speedos

I went to an outdoor restuarant bar last night to watch the world cup and though I nearly fell face first in my food at dinner, I managed to stay awake through the game and was up til 11. It was a suana in my room because I couldnt figure out the AC, but was tired enough for that not to matter. Also, for this and future entries, the z and y are switched on Hungarian keyboards, so may be a few typos.

This morning I woke up at 5 am to answer some BBMs from Anne and Rachel, then went back to sleep for two more hours. I headed out for a run up the Danube which is more of a shade of brown than Blue (Johanne Strauss was full of it, or it probably was blue in the 19th century). Then I ran over to the Margitziget Island where the Allianz games are, and ran a loop around the island. amazingly, there is a 5000 meter single lane mondo track that runs around the entire island. I ended up going about 8 miles (thanks Garmin) and then had a nice breakfast which is included in my hotel.

This morning I headed to the Szécheny Gíógyfürdő pool/spa. I have never seen more old fat guys in speedos in my life. Literally 95% of people were grossly out of shape. I read by the pool, enjoyed the indoor pools, and got a 30 minute massage (when in Rome) which was easily one of the worst three massages of my life. I hopped the train back to central basilika around 3 and stopped in the café for lunch. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment