Saturday, April 24, 2010

I can finally run again!

I flew in to Philly on a redeye Thursday night to visit Rachel at Penn. She was very excited to see me, but upset because I haven't blogged as much recently. Reason being, the knee issues I've been blogging about. I visited a physio-therapist before my flight who did a number on my leg, but fortunately it was feeling a little better on Friday. I decided it would still be best to take another day off of running so Rachel and I headed to the Penn gym to use the pool.

Yesterdays pool workout was: 200 yard warm-up/drills etc. Then 10 x 100 yards @1:25-1:30 with 15 seconds rest. I had originally planned to do eight, but that was too easy to I extended it to ten. I followed this with a coupled 200's in 2:58 and 3:05. Then Rachel and I did 100 yards of pool golf. I got down to 31, 12 strokes for the length of the pool in 19 seconds. Rachel did about 40. Then I swam 2 50's all-out in about 33-35 seconds to close the workout. Total distance for the day was 1800 yards in the pool. Afterwards, we headed over to the Penn Relays to watch Yale run.

This morning I woke up and met Luke and Pat for a Yale reunion run down the river, and past the Art Museum (Rocky steps). I was thrilled simply to be able to move again, and settled for a very easy 6+ miles in about 50 minutes. We saw Anne and Rachel running the opposite direction as we headed back; they were probably going as fast as us at the time. Great day so far, happy to be running again. Now off to breakfast and watch Usain Bolt at day 3 of the Penn Relays.

No comments:

Post a Comment